Nestled in the midst of hundreds of scenic acres, Camp Christopher is the perfect outdoor classroom for students Pre-K through 12 in Northeast Ohio.
Studies show that environmental education engages students in learning, raises test scores, and encourages today’s youth to pursue careers in environmental and natural resources. Environmental Education programs at Camp Christopher are designed for grades Pre-K through 12 and support the Ohio Academic Content Standards. Each course meets specific grade band theme and concepts including:
- Science (organisms, weather, habitats, solar system, and more)
- Math (record keeping, averaging, data analysis, trigonometry, and more)
- Social Studies (local ancestry, Civil War, and more)
- Team Building (leadership and communication skills, group cooperation activities, and more)
Customize Your Program
- Choose your season: Spring, fall or winter
- Overnight option: Environmental Education Overnight takes students into the outdoor classroom for 2 to 5 days. Choose from a variety of day programs and enhance the experience with a variety of night programs for grades 5-7.
- Day option: Environmental Education Day Trip takes students into the outdoor classroom for one day. Choose from a variety of day programs for grades Pre-K-12.
- Field trip option: Only have a few hours? We will work with you to craft a field trip that meets your educational needs and still fits your time constraints. Choose courses a la carte for grades Pre-K-12.
Why Camp Christopher?
Camp Christopher boasts:
- 165 acres of beautiful grounds for exploration and discovery
- Thousands of trees and wildlife
- Cliffs, caves, and rock formations
- Natural bridge
- Numerous hiking trails
- Lakes, streams, and ponds
- High ropes and low ropes challenge courses to improve confidence and team building
Fully-winterized facilities include:
- Large dining hall with food service and seating up to 250 people
- A recreation hall for indoor group activities during inclement weather, featuring new audio-visual equipment and sound system
- 14 heated cabins with accommodations for 200+ people
- Bathroom and shower facilities
- An indoor chapel for smaller groups
More outdoor fun:
- Outdoor chapel for larger groups
- Outdoor pavilions
- Basketball and volleyball courts
- Softball/baseball field
Camp Christopher Administrative Office
812 Biruta Street
Akron, OH 44307
P: (330) 376-CAMP (2267)
P: (800) 296-CAMP