Drop Off/Pick Up
The first day of camp is exciting for both campers and parents. But the process can make some parents and campers anxious as they wait to learn their cabin assignment. You can anticipate the process taking at least one hour. To make your check-in a pleasant one, please use the following procedures:
- Check-in for Resident Voyage/Leadership and Sunday arrival for Express Camp is from 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm on the Sunday of your assigned week. We will begin promptly at 2:00 pm (sorry, no early starts!). Please do not arrive early because there are not shaded/seating areas for waiting. (For Express Camps that begin mid-week, arrival is from 2:00 pm—3:00 pm on Wednesday.)
- When you arrive at Camp Christopher, park in the lower parking lot.
- All campers should label their luggage with their name. A tractor will be waiting to take the luggage of those campers residing in more distant cabins (typically female campers). This is a convenience offered because those cabins are farther from the check-in area. Campers staying in the Lower Settlement (typically male campers) should carry their luggage through check-in, which is very close to their cabins.
- Enter the line of parents and campers, and proceed to the check-in table and nurse’s station for check-in. Campers requiring medication (prescription & non-prescription) must turn in their medication(s) to the nurse upon arrival. All medications must be in their original bottles with clearly labeled, current prescription/instructions. At registration, all campers must undergo a brief physical inspection, including a lice check. Once the camper has completed the check-in process, he/she may proceed to his/her assigned cabin. Campers will not be permitted to enter their cabin and choose a bunk until they have completed the check-in process, including the lice check.
- Parents MUST accompany campers to the cabin and meet the counselor. Parents are encouraged to share any special concerns with their camper’s counselor, who they will meet at the cabin.
- WE DO NOT PERMIT ‘SAVING’ BUNKS. Campers secure bunks on a first come, first served basis.
- Make your goodbyes quick and positive. Please be sure that your camper does not have a mobile phone.
- Pick-up on Saturday is at 9:30 am (Wednesday for Express Campers staying in the first half of the week). Please park your vehicle in the lower lot and walk to your camper’s cabin. Please sign out with the counselor on duty.
- Luggage of campers staying in the Middle and Upper Settlements (typically girls) will be waiting in the lower lot. Campers staying in the Lower Settlement (typically boys) will carry their luggage to their vehicles.
- Pick up crafts on the tables outside the craft shop.
- DO NOT FORGET TO PICK UP MEDICATIONS AT NURSES STATION.
- All campers must depart by 10:30 am.
- We recommend that you check your child’s luggage at pick-up to ensure that he or she is coming home with everything that you packed that week.
If you require assistance during registration or pick-up due to disability, please contact our offices, and arrangements will be made to accommodate your needs.
Please remember, there are no pets allowed at Camp Christopher regardless of size.