Posted February 12, 2021
Congratulations to Mead Wilkins, a therapist at Catholic Charities Medina County, who was recently awarded the 2020 Statewide Lifetime Achievement Award by the National Association of Social Worker Ohio Chapter!
With nearly 50 years of experience, Mead has received several achievements throughout his career, including:
- Founded the Medina County Child Advocacy Center for children who have been sexually abused
- Served as director of Medina County Job and Family Services for 20 years
- Helped start The University of Akron's joint MSW program with Cleveland State University
- Awarded the Louis Stokes Community Leadership Award in 2018
- Helped hundreds of refugees and asylum seekers as clinical director of the Ohio Center for Survivors of Torture
- Presented "Social Worker of the Year" award when he served as President of the Akron Chapter of NASW
Once again, congratulations Mead, and thank you for your years of dedication and service to providing help to those in need.
Original Article: https://www.naswoh.org/page/2020awards